Originally Posted by bcraig
No Duquensbury, I did not already know the answer which is why I asked the question.
I dont need any validation from you or anyone else that I am undergunnedor not and I dont know if 200 is beyond the range of 30-30 bullet performance which is why I asked the question.
Yes I already knew the retained velocity and energy at 200 and how much energy is CLAIMED to be needed to kill BUT do know that a lot of things are CLAIMED and was just asking for first hand experience of bullet performance .Which by the way it sounds like you have none.Sounds to me like all you have is a smart ass reply.
Our deer season opens in about a week and no I wont be back in a month or so saying that I shot a nice buck and it got away and I wont be asking anyone Much less you to feel sorry for me.
What YOU think my goal needs to be has ABSOLUTELY no bearing to my question and furthermore I do have several 30-06 rifles and you have ABSOLUTELY no Idea of what kind of hunter I am.
I am 50 years old and a very ethical hunter which ONCE AGAIN is why I asked for first hand experience and once again sounds like you have none. By the way I have killed deer with Handguns, rifles and homemade bows and suspect I have forgot more about ballistics and hunting than you know.
As far as the comment about the 35 Remington at 300 yards is concerned remember I asked about a 30-30 at 200 yards and NOT a 35 A Remington at 300.AND if you knew anything about ballistics you would have known where your bullet was hitting because you would already have shot your rifle at various ranges.Sounds to me like you are the one Belly aching that someone else was to blame for YOU missing the deer.
All in all it appears as though you have NOTHING at all to contribute to this post.
Instead all you have offered a smart ass comments and also shown your ignorance as to a lot of things including my competency as a hunter .SO feel free to go away.

I'm a preacher and couldn't have done that a whole heck of a lot better than that, well played sir, well played.

Selmer

"Daddy, can you sometime maybe please go shoot a water buffalo so we can have that for supper? Please? And can I come along? Does it taste like deer?"
- my 3-year old daughter smile