Old - I have a 37 Deerslayer barrel as well. I have a Burris Scout Scope mounted on it. (According to the optics forum, I apparently should be apologizing for this, but rebel that I am, I am going to keep on using it.) It is scary accurate, especially for a smoothbore. I always shot 1 oz. Winchesters with perfect satisfaction. On a whim a few years ago, I picked up some "Peters" 7/8 ounce slugs that Remington had made a promotional run of in the name of nostalgia. I found them to be even more accurate than my usual 1 oz. Winchesters. I am sure that the Remington 7/8 ouncers are the same, except for hull color. If you are into experimenting, you might want to give them a look. I have not tried out the Tru-Balls in mine, but will have to experiment with them as well after shooting them yesterday in my friend's gun and hearing your account. Best, John

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.