fremont;
While I don't have extensive experience with Bell & Carlson stocks, I have bedded 2 older Carbelites and a newer one that might have been a Medalist or new Carbelite, I can't be sure now. The newer one fit me better in that it was thinner in the wrist, but otherwise I thought they were a pretty good stock for the money, albeit a little on the heavy side for a synthetic.

Last I heard, all three rifles are still being used quite hard annually here in BC by their owners, sometimes in very cold conditions and none have moved one iota.

The rifles were, by the way, two Weatherby's, a Mark V in .300 Weatherby and a Vanguard in 7mm Rem Mag and a Remington 700 in .300 Win Mag in the newer stock.

While I might be unclear on the concept, I can't see how a stock that flexes at all in the action area would shoot any sort of group or hold zero in any way.

I did install aluminum tubes in all of them to keep the foam core from being crushed and I also bedded the floor plate/ trigger guard on all three. One could substitute the aluminum with a pillar of bedding compound that should suffice if that makes more sense to the person doing the bedding.

In my view, they would be preferable to most injection molded stocks I've worked on.

Hopefully that was some use to you. Good luck with your Mark X.

Regards,
Dwayne

Last edited by BC30cal; 11/13/10. Reason: remove an "any"

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"