Hey Lochsa,

I haven't gotten out with the LVSF much. My male dog, a Scottish terrier and an all-around good guy, is dying and I've been spending a lot of time at home with him. It's the least I can do for my buddy and my old friend.

Anyway, I've only been to the range a couple of times with the LVSF. Mike (hrnhntr) shot about fifty rounds through the LVSF, using Black Hills ammo and he reported three-quarter inch groups in a "Montana wind." I tried the Black Hills, in both 40s and 50s, and Mike was right on target.

I also shot a couple of boxes of Winchester Supreme, again 40s and 50s, and the groups are tighter, averaging five shots in the high six-tenths range.

My old standby, 27.5 grains of H-335 with 40-grain Nosler Ballistic Tips, shoots consistent five shot groups slightly under six-tenths, call it .55" groups......time after time.

You are probably wise to use Benchmark. I shared a hunt with one of Hodgdon's ballistics guys, a fella named Ron Reiber, a few years ago and he was totally convinced that Benchmark was absolutely tailor-made for the .223 Remington. I have absolutely every confidence that he is right.

My next adventure will be to give Benchmark a total workout in my LVSF. I have no doubt that it will perform in a superb fashion.

I'm not writing for publication any more, so it will be a my privilage to post all of my LVSF results on the Campfire. I may even ask Rick Bin if he wants to cyber-publish a short article (at no cost to him, of course) on the Campfire. Perhaps it will give others a "leg up" when they load for their own .223s.

As far as the LVSF goes, it is probably the finest factory .223 I've ever shot. The stock configuration is wonderful off the bench and great in the field; just an excellent combination of shape and form. And the barrel.....WOW.....it's the slickest, most non-fouling, easiest to clean factory barrel I've ever shot. Remington is obviously doing a lot of things very right with the LVSF.

Friend, your LVSF is really doing well. Great to see it.

Steve

"God Loves Each Of Us As If There Were Only One Of Us"
Saint Augustine of Hippo - AD 397