Jet,

The first two parts of your assessment are very accurate. However, I really think it is too light for elephant and just marginal for buffalo. I would much prefer a .375 if I were looking for a DG rifle that didn't rattle my fillings. It works very well on buffalo and I would have no qualms about using it again.

Jorge already mentioned that the .416 is noticeably better than the .375 on buff. He is correct. Sort of. Too many people who can't really shot a .416 carry them. Consequently, we see far more buffalo rodeos with .416s, .458 Lotts, and big double rifle cartridges that we do with the .375. Those big cartridges look and sound sexy, but few folks practice with them enough to shoot them well. If you can shoot it, the .416 is tough to beat. If recoil bothers you or you don't want to buy another rifle, be careful with your shot placement with your 9.3x62 or .375 and be patient. Go sit under a tree and BS for a while before you go after your buff and, if you shoot him well, you won't have any drama to deal with.

Greg Rodriguez
Global Adventure Outfitters, Inc.
www.mbogo.net
(281) 494-4151