I have very few pictures of 50 yard targets I've shot with open iron sights, but I do have this 100 yard target to share. It was shot with my Marlin 925 & open iron sights from the bench with the aid of only a sling. 25 shots total.
[Linked Image]

This next target was shot prone from 25 yards with the aid of a sling and the Marlin 925 with open iron sights. Again, 25 total shots.
[Linked Image]

I've got my Marlin 80 DL with aperture sights doing about the same as the picture above of the 25 yard open iron, and I expect it'll tighten up (which it did this morning using the CCI Blazer). Had some nice tight groups.

I may not be as accurate with iron sights, but I never get bored shooting with them. I seldom ever take a scoped rifle to the range anymore - however I keep 'em around in case I get the itch to shoot 'em again.

I guess I'm just one of those folks who has shot open iron most of my life, spending at least 36 years now shooting fixed open iron sighted muzzle loading rifles. It's just hard for me to warm up to scopes, but they have their place as well.

Last edited by JoeM57; 11/28/10.

Joe