So the first photo is in the field. 7 months now. The 2nd is at home with his prized first quail. He bumped a covey , I shot this one, brought him around, hunted dead, pointed the dead bird. I grabbed his collar (to make sure he didn't run off with it) told him ok with touch to back of head. He dove it brought it out & I let him keep it, good boy for 30 secounds. Then said out, he dropped it in my hand. No munching or dog malling. I was a proud dad.

When got home let him have it again, took photos, out & dropped it again in my hand. He is doing well, has a nose but don't think his brain has quite put the scent together with bird. He will just keep digging in grass with his nose until he finally pushes the bird out. Has done so on abuot 4 hen pheasants & 1 rooster. The rooster he was a bad angle, hugged the ground & I was downhill from him, when came up so couldn't shoot.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear or a fool from any direction. - Billy the Kid.

Democracy is two wolves & a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.
- Benjamin Franklin