Originally Posted by SuperCub
I could see an Accubond or 270gr Hornady for deer, but why a 300gr or TSX? Afterall, it's only a deer.

I'd forget about the 300s, save the TSXs for larger stuff and use 270gr Horandys for deer. It's only a deer.

+1

I've used my .375 Ultra mag on two trips to Africa. The first trip I shot 300 gr TSX bullets, and the second trip I used 270 gr TSX bullets. I shot a variety of game with these bullets varying from Steenbok to Buffalo. Although the Ultra mag velocities are quite a bit faster than the velocities that ShortRifleFan was asking about, the TSX bullets opened beautifully in all animals and at all ranges from 30 to 348 yds.

I think just about any .375" cup and core bullet would easily kill a deer. Why waste a 300 gr TSX on small animals at reduced velocities.

300 gr TSX bullets are a great bullet for large dangerous game. For anything else, a Hornady or Speer bullet at half the cost of a TSX will work just fine. Most of us will probably shoot way more bullets at deer than we will at dangerous game. So unless you have a supply of 300 gr TSX bullets that you just want to use up, go buy some 225 or 230 gr Hornady or Speer cup and core bullets and whack some deer.

SAVE 200 ELK, KILL A WOLF

NRA Endowment Life Member