Longarch,

Some one posted:
You get waht you pay for.

I am in strong disgreement with this statement. You get what you shop for. I have scopes from Tasco to NightForce. A few weeks ago I purchased at Swarovski Z5 5-25X52 for $1,675. Durning the normal daylight hours it was not as good as my 4 1/2-30X50 Bushnell 6500 and not even close to as good as my NightForce. I sent it back. It was better than the Bushnell in low light, but again not even close to the NightForce.

I think you shoud try a 4-16X Tasco for less than $100. Look for the kind that have the supercon lenses. I had one on my .375-416 Rem Mag for many seasons. I replaced it with a 2 1-2/16X Bushenll. There is still one on the .340 Weatherby and one on my Son-in-law's 7 Mag.

The one on my son-in-law's has a trajectory turret. He has often challenged others at the range to dial up their whatever scope and hit the two pound empty propane bottle hanging at 590 yards. He can every time. Then he will turn it back to 100 and put one in the X at 100 yards. By the way he shoots a lowly Savage with a plastic stock.

I think he paid $299 for the rifle at Bimart. Tell me again "You get what you pay for," and try not to sniker when you do.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter