Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
I had a Brit but they aren't going to compete with any EP I have ever owned.

Well then you better start running trials. You will have NSTRA and AKC all to yourself with you EP's and ES's... You seem to think that Cover Dog Trials are what defines a good bird dog. Trust me, they aren't. Whats more impressive? A dog who wins a small trial put on by a small group of people in a very specific section of the country against 1 or 2 types of birds, or a dog who wins a big trial put on by the biggest kennel club in the nation with dogs from all pointing breeds, all parts of the country, with all types of upland game birds? Thats what AF and AKC field trials are. Speaking of that. Here's a link to all the winners at AKC's annual AKC Pointing Breed Gun Dog Championship. You will notice that Brits and GSP's do just fine. You will also notice a lack of ES's and EP's with consitent wins, especially in the retrieveing stakes (where GSP's dominate, a EP has never won)........ Since no Brit or GSP's could ever keep up with any EP's youve ever had, you better start campaining, because you have the best gun dogs in the nation!

http://www.akc.org/events/field_trials/pointing_breeds/gun_dog_championships/wall_of_fame.cfm