Originally Posted by ranger1
I like to wear a pair of gaiters - I'm not overly picky about them other than they need to have a soft outershell and be waterproof. Also must have a lace hook at the front. I've found that the stirrups don't last on the pairs that I've had so I just cut them off out the gate. Current pair is just some off brand I picked up at the local sporting goods store - never let the snow in so I guess I'm good to go.

Those Sleeping Indian gaiters are $160!!!! Methinks that might be a little high! I'm sure they're nice, but...

I have the mtn hardware, they have a thick hypalon strap that should wear easily as long as a pair of boot soles and is replaceable. it is a good system that does not use the typical pinned latch like a dog collar. seems as bullet proof as possible. big wide velcro front with hook, stretch material everywhere that might move, good build quality.....nothing to worry about IMO. the only thing that might bug some is the fact that the are tall and warm.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.