Originally Posted by LowBC
BCJR
That's one fine looking rig, what optics is it wearing.

My preference is for a rig that doesn't need a brake simply for the noise factor and consideration for other guys at the range. I don't need to be removing the caps from their heads at the neighbouring bench if I can help it laugh

I suspect the added weight of the Sendero will help in the recoil department...though I have to say I don't like the ambidextrous palm swell they have got going on.

nightforce nxs 5.5x22 npr1 ret.I guess if the rig your after isnt a dedicated long range then you dont need a brake(just a stout shoulder) 4 or 5 shots wont be bad but the guy with a brake on a rum can shoot all day,,,funny to me as most guys talk about noise levels and hearing damage with brakes and yet they shoot a rifle with no brake and no hearing protection while hunting..kinda crazy. If there is someone at your range without hearing protection then i guess a report from a braked rifle isnt going to make them any less intelligent! with hearing protection the report isnt bad for the shooter and anyone behind the shooter.I would not own a long range capable rig without a brake. Just my opinion/experience. Also PSS stocks have palm swell not senderos.Best of luck, shoot a bunch!