Well, I ended up using 115gr VLDs instead of Bal Tips this weekend. FWIW, shot three pigs with the VLDs. 1st was 160 yard broadside. Left a half dollar sized exit wound and the most pronounced blood trail I have ever seen... All 20 yards of it. I mean it was as if someone had taken a paint gun and sprayed the grass in a two foot wide swath for the entire 20 yard death run. The next was running dead away as fast as she could go and I made about as perfect a butt shot as you could ask for at a lasered 283 yards. She dropped right there, squealed to high heaven for a few seconds and then was done. No exit wound but I had a pretty good ideal of what it looked like inside her and wasn't curious enough to deal with the messy autopsy. Victim # 3 was a pretty darned big sow, about 200 pounds. She was the biggest wild sow I have ever seen. It was getting pretty darn dark, and I hit her just a little far back at about 200 yards. She ran maybe a little less than 100 yards. No exit wound. I have seen pigs so hit make it much farther, so I was reasonably impressed.

Still plan on testing the Ballistic Tips. They shoot a little more accurately than the VLDs out of my .257 Wby, but that report will have to wait for another time.

John

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14