UPS dropping off a surprise today.

I got some 250 and 300gr Aerolites for testing.

I dont have any pics yet but these suckers are slick looking! Can't wait to get them out on the range and into the sand buckets.

Some info ive i got after taking one apart and measuring. The hollow point is massive.

250gr Aerolite
Bullets over all length "Nipple at bottom of bullet not included": .840"
Bullet DIA: .499"
Bullet DIA measured at Plastic Base * aka - Skirt* .507"- .508" Hard to get my calipers on it perfectly.
Overall length with Aerotip removed: .592"
Hollow Point DIA: .202"
Ballistic Tip Shaft Length .324"

I went and loaded up some powder tubes with 90 - 100 - 110gr Blackhorn209 and if its nice in the morning " Supposed to snow" I'll be out filling up buckets with wet sand for testing. I will line the buckets front with about 2" of wet news paper and then the rest with damp sand to stop the bullet.

I already loaded one into my Optima which i will use tomorrow with the Aerolites for testing. I was pretty amazing at how smooth they go down the bore. The new coating is SLICK, almost like a teflon maybe?

The slickness has also helped with the base being able to detach smoothly and pretty easily. With the Copper series and Platinums i was shooting today i was playing around with that and noticed how most of them stick to the nipple pretty good. Ive gone through one package of the 250's and all the skirts came off smooth and easy.

Will get some pics up when i can. Still going to measure and see what else i can find on these Aerolites.