to all the guy's out there I must have been dam lucky, this guy doesn't use aftermarket lug's for the price he charges he is too cheap, he grinds them supposedly and then reuses them, and as far as their not being enough room to thread the barrel in after the removal of material on the lug, it took about 20 minutes to remove the 10 thous. , the lug is at .186 right now as I mic it just yesturday and it's consistant throughout the lug top/ bottom/ side's, I got lucky, but when I started this I could place 2 pieces of blue masking tape and a piece of scotch tape on the back of a go gauge, of the original unaltered lug and close the bolt and it wasn't a crush fit, listen I don't have a lathe or anything that could alter this rifle other than a piece of sandpaper, right now as it sit's I have been able to screw the barrel in as far as to almost hide the 280 rem. stamp mark on the barrel and the go gauge still works/ and the bolt closes, and right now I am still able to load rounds and fire without issue, brass still look's good post firing , no primer issue's for pressure sign's and I running 53 grn.s IMR 4831 out of it, that's 90% case load, upper moderate load, I can take new unfired case and run it through this thing like shyte through a goose , no crush fit, no resistance, it's just deep, and the brass picture's show it , I put 20 rounds through it tonight, you know alot of you guy's churp up and say I should have sent it back to him and never touch it, but how many time's do I give this guy a chance these rifle's have been back there now 3 time's already for screw up's on his part, the 1st a burr in my wife's gun all the way around the chamber just below the shoulder, that you could feel when you ran your finger nail over it, and at that time he told me he would fix it, I expressed to him at that time that I was hoping for a min. spec chamber and that maybe a quick fix might not be the answer, this was for my wife's 260, a nice tactical rig for long range fun/ hunt stuff, and then it come's back to me well long chambered, it's cases look the same as the 280's web stretch, I know because I have another built by a second smith and his cases don't have that and this rifle and mine came home on different month's if you will not together, the other issue is I originally ordered the 280 in a rem. mag. barrel contour , well guess what he send's me a #2 fluted instead, I take that one and go on a hunt with it after waiting over a year, when I got home from the hunt I called him and expressed my discontent with this barrel, because he said if i am not happy with it he would make it right, and I have to say he was a man of his word and did get me the barrel I wanted, but then he went and deep chamber it and that is where we are at now !! all in all this took and is still taking the better part of 2 1/2 year's, can you feel my pain brother, I only hope no one out their in rifle land ever has to deal with kind of chit..... oh and one last thing, he actually encouraged me to buy a wrench and vise throughtout our long line of communication's , I kid you not, this should have been my first sign eh ! I guess he thought I would need it later, Dam I missed that one . No chit he really did, you know he seeed like a nice enough guy, I don't get it , we would talk on the phone for 20 minutes easy , multiple time's, I really didn't see anything like this coming, I was extremely patient, call every 3 or 4 month's to say hello , he kept telling me the barrel's were unavailable, no barrel's, heck I got 4 barrel's out of Norm and Ken at Brux in half the time this guy was able to get 2 out his supplier, by the way, the boy's at Brux are fantastic, can't say enough good about them Boy's and their barrel's shoot !!

Last edited by 338ak; 01/31/11.