Originally Posted by safariman
Yes, a 416Rgiby with solids will blow through body armour, but so will a 22 MAgnum, especially with commonly available FMJ ammo. Let us hope - and pray - that we never have to test such in a major crisis situation. For an armed intruder wearing body armour, my shotgun is loaded with tungsten #4 buck. HAve not tested it yet, but beleive the small diameter of the #4 with the roundness and hardness and great weight/momentum of the tungsen alloy shot would be able to penetrate the armour and make a real mees of the perp. Don't want to test THAT theory either, unless someone has an old Kevlar vest they want to donate for testing whilst it is on a mannequin. Hmmmmm, I smell a test project coming on here.....

It just made me think those bank robbers in LA who had ak's and body armor. Just makes me wonder what a real determined crook could do, or al queda terrorist, if they really wanted too. Their are hundreds of sleeper cells in this country, and at one phone call from Bin Laden or Al Zawahri or these other guys and they will all march out with ak 47's through residential areas and IED's, probably wearing body armor. Just something to ponder about. Well even if your Buck doesn't pass thru, the impact would be enough to knock them down to the ground and break a rib or too, which would buy enough time for a follow up shot in a vital area.

Last edited by Polska; 02/05/11.

Jeszcze Polska nie zginela kiedy my zyjemy,co nam obca przemoc wziela szabla odbierzemy.

Bog, Honor, Ojczyzna