Dirtfarmer,

How long have you had your .338-284 and have you done much load workup or hunting with it? I'd be interested to hear your esperiences. When looking to rebarrel my Rem 700 LA I was very seriously contemplating the .338-.284 but at the last minute found some 6.5-284 Redding Comp bushing dies for a great price on Long Range Hunting from a guy and took that as a "sign from above' that I was supposed to have a 6.5! smile It helped that I've always been a big 6.5 fan, though (and brass was an easier proposition).

Anyway, I really like the .284 Win platform, both the parent and its many offspring, and it's interesting to hear from a guy who actually has a .338-284. BTW, is your rifle a long action? I personally think the .284 Win family cartridges shine in a long action so you can seat those long, heavy-for-caliber bullets way out there and leave room for lotsa slow powder!

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...