Originally Posted by wvtradbow
Thanks for the post,perfect timing,I have that setup but no jack yet..I was wanting to go through the vent but what about the vent cover (not the jack cover) ????

I just cut it off, and sewed the jack material to match the existing mesh. I ordered jack material from High Mountain Outfitters. They sell it on the site as 12x12 but you need about 16x16. I ordered 18x18 and that was enough for a jack in the vent and a small flap to cover the hole.

I intend to, but have not yet, re-use the vent cover that I cut off to make a velcro-on cover to go over the jack when I'm not using a stove. Haven't done that yet.

I took a bunch of pics but am lousy at up-loading a host server so can't easily post them. Search the archives; a guy on here posted some good pics that I used as inspiration.

Side vs. Vent: Nothing wrong with either option. The side is an easy install (especially if you use ti-goat's pre-made stove jack) and allows you to keep both vents for better ventilation. Looks better also. Vent-install makes it easier to use the stove in the rear of the teepee. Think about how you will sleep and where you want the stove, and how good you are with a sewing machine.

By the way, to the OP, nice job!