Originally Posted by TAP001
My daughter is showing an interest in getting into archery and I want her to get started on the right foot. She will be 9 years old in Feb. I took her to Bass Pro today and it looks like her draw length is about 23" and a 20# draw seemed to be a little much yet. I nearly choked when I saw the $279 price tag.

Any recommendations on where to start looking? I tried Archery Talk but the posts seemed to be very old.

If anyone has anything they think might fit the bill and willing to sell please let me know.

I know funds are tight for everyone, but a good bow with adjustable pull weight & draw length can save dad a lot of money in the long or sometimes even short term.

I bit the bullet and bought my now 14 y/o a Diamond Razor Edge about 2 years ago and would do it again tomorrow. Bow comes set up with a starter WB style rest & sight. Paid right at $305 shipped from a dealer on AT.

Diamond Razor Edge

The Diamond Razor Edge is a sweet single cam 31" ata bow that adjusts from 19-29" draw length and 29-60# draw weight with 75% let off. Absolutely a perfect bow for the growing archer that will delivery 308fps at 29" dl.

I have upgraded the rest to a QAD Ultra-Rest Pro HD & his bow sight to a LH Wrapped/3 pin/large guard Spot Hogg "Right On" with .019 pins.

Also moved him up to a nice Scott release I wasn't using and he shoots like a champ out to 40 yds.

We have a ball at the archery range & shooting 3D together.

My 11 y/o is shooting a PSE Spyder that also has adjustable dl/dw and I was thinking of moving him up to a Razor Edge in the next couple of months if you might be interested in the PSE bow. I paid about $125 for it and the bow is in great shape.

Good Luck with your choice for the young archer.

NRA Life Member
USPSA Life Member