I have the 2.5-10X42 with #1 reticle. I haven't had it for very long, so I can't comment on long term durability, but it tracked well during initial zero. Optics are first rate. Although I haven't done a thorough head to head comparison with my other high end scopes, from what I've seen so far, it looks to be everything you'd expect from a scope in it's price class optically speaking. It's at least comparable to other alpha class scopes, perhaps better than some. In low light, I haven't noticed any difference in performance between it and my Swaro Z6 1.7-10X42.

As for the comments about it having a large eyepiece, it actually has a smaller eyepiece than other Euro scopes it compares to. Diameter-wise, it's the same as equivalent scopes from Zeiss, Swaro, S&B, etc. It looks fatter because the eyepiece housing is unusually short, which is a good thing. Because of its short eyepiece, it has longer center tube length than just about any other scope of the same OAL. This gives you extra ring spacing and scope position latitude, which is especially useful since it has 4" of eye relief.

On the weight, it is actually a couple ounces lighter than most other 30mm Euro scopes of the same magnification range and objective size.

Last edited by RifleDude; 02/09/11.

Ted