Ok I'm trying to remove (permanently) so beavers from a friends vacation spot. The plan was to set traps (conibear 330's) and trap them out.

Day 1 - Placed traps at the location I thought the beaver were. There's a foot of snow, and I'm in KS so the beavers tend to make dens in banks vs. making huts. I found a damn with a good size bank hole, set 3 traps, on under the ice with a potato as bait where it stored it's tree limbs, another on the damn where it had sprung a leak so I'd nail one there. And the last in the run to the bank entrance.

Day 2 - Nada Still cold as snot (12 degrees for a 2 weeks now) but we've got a warm up coming.

Day 3- the food source trap was tripped, but the others were un-touched. I walked the stream and found the buggers had moved to a new hole, and now there's sign up the creek on the big pond at an older bank entrance there too. So I moved the potato bait ice set which has now melted (50 degree weather) to the new bank entrance on the stream, and then took the old entrance trap from the stream and set it up on the entrance in the big pond.

Day 4 - We'll see