To begin, I am not sure I have a specific purpose for the round other than wanting one. I am torn between a 204 Ruger and the 223 A.I. The dilema is I am shooting left handed. I have a wonderfully accurate 223 but it's a Savage. Things are very rare in a lefty and I've always been partial to Remingtons. It's taken me several years and dollars to build a collection of lefty rifles, and I'd like to get a few more "upgrades".

Since moving to western Washington, I may never shoot another coyote again, but I have taken a few truckloads in my prior life. Even in the plains of southern New Mexico, I really only zapped a few over 300 yards. Most of the time as you lifted the rifle the yellow eyes and flapping tounge just get bigger and bigger, until he rolls at your feet. But I did hate all of the Jello that leaked out and ruined several pairs of boots. No, I didn't skin many, I just didn't want to leave carcasses everywhere. So I like fur friendly or at least less leaky.

Anywho, it seems as though Remington is going to offer a "New for 2004" which really means maybe by 2006, a left handed Remington CDL in a 223. I already have 2 700 in 22-250. I though maybe I'd snatch a small bolt face when I could find one, if I can.

I did follow the post below. I understand that you can skew any argument with stats, but the 204 sounds really amazing.

With a 204 of course I'd need to rebarrel and pay a smith, so I'd be out a few hundred. I am leaning toward a 223 AI mainly to run some type of 40 grain bullet and have a little bit of fun reloading. Can I maybe get teh factory barrel AI'd for under $200 and try and shoot it out before moving on ??

Can anyone chime in about any bugs incurred with the 223 AI and what real world velocities are ??? Can dies be obtained for less than $100 a set ?? What is IMI brass ?? Also, I've heard for an AI to be set up properly, you cannot shoot factory, "regular 223", in it to fireform without headaches.

I am going to focus on bobcats this fall. I've never shot one before and would like a good calling rifle that isn't going to blow apart my trophy. I may alreay own that rifle, but have some "sock drawer" money burning a hole in my pocket and love new stuff.

Please God, give me some good tags this year....