Considering Hobart 125, 130 and 140 available at Tractor Supply.

20 something years ago I took a vocational program in high school and graduated as a certified vertical stick welder, but haven't done much welding since high school. Children are older now, projects around the house are near completion (at least from renovation standpoint) and I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel to get into some additional hobbies. I'm looking to get back into welding, i.e. tinkering around building/fixing things, working on trailers, equipment for the yard - you know the drill. Anyway, I'm leaning towards the Hobart 140 due to the higher voltage and ability to weld up to 1/4 thick material. I would like to keep it to a regular outlet for a mig welder (portablity reasons and no generator) and I don't have an unlimited budget so the Hobart 180 is out as an option.

I will likely be picking up a 220 stick welder on craigslist as well for thicker stuff.

Anway - long way of asking your thoughts on the 125, 130 (couldn't find it on the hobart website) or the 140. All are within the proposed budget and I will be getting a stick welder in the future.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Mike.

It's good to lead - it's better to lead by example.