Jeffpg, if I'm reading you correctly, you are liking the idea of interchangeability. First, let's operate on the premise that the Encore platform is a very well-thought out and built single shot firearm. It is quality. From there, all the Encores are the same. the frames are all the same. Just a matter of one has no embelishments, and the others have trim and writing on the frames. The barrels are the same, and interchangeable. I use an Encore w/the Pro-Hunter Flex-Tech thumbhole stock and barrels that are 24". I like the balance. I think the Pro-Hunter barrels make the gun a little front heavy. It's a personal thing, though. On the muzzleloaders, the breach plugs are different, however. Check each one out. it's a matter of plug removal and cleaning convenience. Again, personally, I look at the way the gun balances for me. I do like their stainless steel treatment. It is very matted. Not shiny at all. That for me is important. It's aesthetically pleasing. My gun came with very pretty wood laminated thumbhole butt and forend, which for me was heavy, and had a klunky feel. Replaced them with a Flextech butt and an Encore forend in cammo. Much lighter and better balanced. Added a Stratton hammer extension, which is super light, because I like my scopes mounted as low as possible, and the ocular part of the scope was very low, barely above the hammer. Now it is great, because my thumg is away from the scope. The .35 Whelen has a bit of recoil, although not much more than a .30-06, so maybe having it in a heavier/longer Pro fluted format isnt't a bad idea. The Whelen caliber is really a great one. The functionality of the .50 cal. in the Encore format is superb also. That is why it has been so popular. Can't go wrong with the gun at all. The Encore is super. Aftermarket products for it are everywhere. Go for it! you won't regret any of your choices with it.