If you want 22-250 velocities, the swift will do that. If you want 220 swift velocities the swift will really do that! I prefer that latter. Each rifle has its own personality and the experienced handloader, (Hunter and myself and many,many others) can determine what's right for that rifle. I,too, get 4000+ fps out of my swift with 52 grain bergers using re15 powder,,and shoot 1/2" groups at 300 yards with that load. Whatever recipe you use always work slow and watch for signs of pressure and irregularites. Your gun will talk to when its right.
Swift: Years ago I badmouthed a fella ,for he loaded a box of shells for a friend. ( handloader was my friend's relate) The handloader wrote the recipe on the box which was (what I thought a hot load). After a tongue-lashing from the loader and an explanation, I began to understand handloading in relationship to the rifle. You recieved that same lashing from Hunter. Is Hunter wrong? No! Are You wrong? No! Hunter knows his limits and his rifle. He did encourage working up the load. No harm -no foul! You are a straight forward guy looking out for interests of others. no harm-no foul!
As to burning barrels out: Any barrel can burn out with out proper use. If mine burns out,,,,,,I sure had fun doing it.
A gunsmith ,friend of mine, told me of an incident where as a fella burned out his brand new .270 with one box of shells.
FWIW: The.243 is a greater barrel burner than the swift.
Have a blessed day.