Hi SQUACKS,
<br>Aint this fun! Yes, much like an empty cave...
<br>Hello ello llo lo o..
<br>Still have one more month of GBT season in NY; took the 882ss out today. WOW, that's quite a little rifle! Around dusk I heard a GBT chattering the way they do... I was set up behind a big flat rock, so I kept scanning the trees until I saw him shaking his tail at me - out over a hundred yards. At 12x (my scope's max) he was this little tiny target. I went for a head shot as I always do, but at that range and at 12x I kept missing him (glad of that all in all) He was one of those dumba** young bucks. If he would have shut up and moved, he would still be up that tree. But he just seemed to get more and more pissed off with each MAXI-MAG that whizzed by his head. Finally I aimed "center of mass" and he took it in the shoulder. SQUACKS, you have an 882 right? So you know what you get when a small GBT takes a MM hp in the shoulder - sure he died a very quick death, but I ended up with half a squirrel! I'm going to give the scope 1 click to the left and go back to head shots - but I need an 18x or 24x scope for that bad boy! What's the max magnification on the scope on your 882ssv? (gawd, don't tell me 9x or something...) OK, tell me the truth, even if it is 9x and you still get those headshots at over 100 yards. I've never had a shot at over a hundred yards before!
<br>PS, I am not gonna eat that tore up half'a'GBT: saving him for 'yote (or fox if I get lucky) bait. Ya know, I don't know if it is legal to bait a varmint! Got to call the DEC AGAIN! Every time I call them, I find out another thing I can't do! Hmmm.
<br>What are you going to do with your free time 'till sep-21?
<br>
<br>Thanks for stopping by,
<br>
<br>
<br>GBB
<br>
<br>ps - I went and looked at the "optics" topic on this bbs - I guess I just don't know what I am doing. I am reading posts from guys going from a 3x9 scope to a 4x12 for shooting varmint at 400 yards! - now I am expecting that I will hear that you use a fixed 4 power to shoot GBTs at 100 yards. I really don't know what to do. It SEEMS like I am not getting enough magnafication... I realy could use the aid of your experience.

Last edited by GBB; 02/03/02.