I've been checking this thread for a couple of days off and on so now my answers. We don't claim longer throat life and if you think about it you will understand why we can't. The bore coat after curing has an average thickness of .25 microns. To give you an idea of how thin this is a human hair will average 100 microns in thickness. So less than 1/99th the thickness of a human hair is thin. I also can't control how hot anyone gets a barrel when they shoot or, what load they shoot. I will say it should help somewhat because of the way ceramic handle heat. Ceramics don't like to pass heat through themselves. They like to spread it across there surface. What you should find by feeling the barrel is no hot spot in front of the chamber. The barrel should feel the same temp. from chamber to muzzle. As the coating is so thin it will pass heat through its self. A coated barrel will have throat erosion but should not show it as fast as an uncoated barrel. This coatings job is to cut down or get rid of jacket fouling and make all fouling faster and esaier to clean. It should also make the rifle shoot more consistant for a much longer period of time.
As to shotguns and pitting it won't fill in pits. It will seal the rough and or sharp edges that scrape plastic. If you look at the picture on the following web site www.mackspw.com you will see a picture of G.Davis. He treated the bore of his Beretta 391.
He has since shot doves in Argentina and a ton of sporting clays.
He has never cleaned the bore and he quit counting rounds at 14,000. As he didn't put Gun Shield on the inside of the reciever or the bolt return spring and tube he said the inside is kind of gummy and cycling has slowed.
Hope this clears things up some.
Doug

Doug Burche
Gun coating with Dyna Coat and CeraKote
Dyna Bore Coat,Because barrel cleaning SUCKS.
www.dynamicfinishes.com