Flinch,

I was using 286grn Barnes X not Partions, hence my comment about the petals shearing off.

Was I pleased with the bullets performance? Generally, yes although I do have a nagging doubt about the way they performed on the two warthogs especially the first which ran a hell of a way despite being well hit. On the bigger stuff they gave tremedous peneration and as I said I only recovered one bullet from the whole hunt. I am convinced that a fair few of the shots I took would not have been feasible with conventional bullets in smaller calibers such as the .308win.

At the end of the day, I think the results on seven animals is too small a sample to draw any real conclusions on and as the Barnes are the first Premiums I have used, I have nothing to draw any comparisons with. I like the peneration they gave and I like the accuracy in my rifle ie sub1" groups when i do my part. Perhaps I might have had even better results if I had used the 250grn Barnes X??

With regards the lack of exit holes in the pictures, thats quite deliberate as is the lack of blood. The PH took quite a lot of trouble to make sure the pictures were "clean" and that included washing the animals down when needed. The only one we failed with was the last Warty. We were running very short of light and we simply could not stop him bleeding from the mouth...

Although my PH did a fairly good job of all this, JJ is extreamly good at it. I have seen many of his pictures and within the constraints of the light available, they are generally excellent. He attaches a very high importance to high quality trophy pics for his hunters and as good as he is, he is still striving to get them better.

Regards,

Pete