Originally Posted by rost495
If I were inclined to build a 243, the AI would easily get the nod. It wont' cost a dime more, save for the dies, and why not take the advantage and attempt to keep the turbulence point in the neck on top of it.

Even if you are like Brad..... the node isn't at max, it'll still be humming right along. If Brad went 243, and had to back off to find the node, he'd be another 100 or so fps slower.

Just because its AI doesn't mean you HAVE to drive it that way but at least you have the option.

My long post might have been a little confusing. I just got on a roll and might have drifted of course a little once I got typing.

I only played with 1 box of VLD's when I first got the rifle and I couldn't hit the next node with '22, but I DID get it with '17. I'm not running them at 3050 since I made the switch.

I'm at 3250 w/the moly'd 105Amax's and 44.5gr of '17. I've shot a handful of moly'd 105VLD's with 44gr of '17 and I haven't poked them through a chrony....yet. I'm "guessing" they're around the 3200 range as is, but I'm not going to work up any higher with the VLD until I sit down behind the chrony.

[Linked Image]