Originally Posted by JMR40
McMillan Edge.

The B&C stocks with the full bedding blocks are heavy and will likely weigh about the same as your laminated wood stock. www.stockysstocks.com lists them at 28-30 oz. My Edge 2 stocks weigh 21 and 23 oz.

I can tell you this with 100% certainty since I mill laminated stocks almost every day- and weight them.

There is no way a B&C stock- even one with a bedding block -will weight as much as a laminate wood stock does if they are both the same design.

Having said that, the B&C stocks are heavier than a McMillan Edge. So are most glass stocks - including regular fill McMillans. wink

The "Faux Ti" ALaskan I stocks that Stocky's markets only have pillars installed- they don't have the full bedding block. Real world weights on those are only about 4 ounces more than a comparable sized full finished Edge, if that.

Last edited by jim62; 03/30/11.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt