I picked my Minolta body,for the following reasons.
<br>
<br>It has an on body flash unit. The built in motor drive allows shots up to 4frames per second. The shutter speed is variable from 30seconds to 1/8000 of a second. It is has auto focus capabilities and manual if you prefer.
<br>
<br>What I've come to find out over the years,is the body is very robust(I've snapped 3 lenses of it,during crashes while Hunting). It is simplistic. It has fended Mother Nature well.
<br>
<br>I am amazed that it still works,after the rigors it has been through. I carry it often at work and it goes on every Hunting/Fishing foray,excepting when I forget it.
<br>
<br>I researched hard at the time and felt it then best suited my needs. That was very nearly 10yrs ago and cameras have since improved.
<br>
<br>Were I starting ove,I'd search to find a SLR that had on body flash,good shutter speed flexibility,on board motor drive and attach the best 28-300mm lens I could purchase on it.........

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."