Baseballs popularity will continue to dwindle as more and more of us old guys are gone. In the "modern" age with computers, video games, 24 second clocks and games governed by a clock or "Sudden Death" overtime, baseball is outdated.

It hurts me to say this, but as a former Little League, Pony League, Babe Ruth League, High School and Semi Pro player I see the trends in our society and baseball is shrinking. Most of the star Major League players now come from third world countries.

I love baseball. I also coached my son for 8 years, the best years of my life. The game of Major League Baseball has hurt its self by losing a generation of kids due to caving in to the TV networks scheduling. Having games so late that kids can't stay up and watch them...so they don't and they don't miss them. The other major sports cater to the younger people, while baseball turns their nose up at them.

Baseball is a great game, a humbling game, a game where the individual has to work as part of a team, but also "go to bat" for him/her self. It's a great game to teach kids how to succeed in life.

Yesterday was the best day of the year for me and my son, Opening Day. Although he's grown and has his own life, we talked last night on the phone about baseball.

I�m afraid that fathers and sons in the future won't have this great game to bond with and enjoy together. Baseball and hunting keep my kids and I close - both are in danger. Ovis_Chaser