I called Surgeon to ask some questions, one of which was how long I would have to wait for an action (wanted a 591 WSM action). I was told that they had the action I wanted in stock. I had also talked to Jim Borden and was considering a Rimrock action but he switched from 17-7 or similar stainless to 416 SS. I will not own an action made with 416 SS. His CM action were months out.

When I called Surgeon back the next day to order the action, they hummed and hawed and finally told me that they didn't have the action and couldn't give me a delivery date. That ruined it for them. Pierce was another matter altogether- they have their shop and office in order- answered every question and had reasonable shipping date. Never heard a bad thing about a Pierce either. I wouldn't buy a Predator because he uses 416SS for the actions. It's just a personal thing and it must work well for Jerry so I can't say anything bad about his actions.

I looked at a BAT at Bruno's- it was a bank vault!! It was pricey!! It was a 308 bolt face and I wanted magnum so I didn't buy it. The BAT has the smallest loading port and consequently, the most rigid of all the actions mentioned- if that means anything to you.

Several have complained about the washer-type Remington 700 recoil lugs. I have never heard of one bending-

Just saying...

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.