Originally Posted by Big_Redhead
Way back when we were making it a point to make our caliber suggestions to Ruger and Lipsey's, the 303 was one of my suggestions. Before I commit to spending the not insignificant amount of coin to get this baby, I need to know if you all think it is worthy from the standpoints of accuracy, on-game performance, and bullet availability. I want to know if these are generally capable of placing a good hunting bullet within two inches of my aim point out to 200 yards, and arrive with enough poop to take deer-sized game cleanly. What do you say? Are they that good?

To any logical adult, the above post is pretty strange.

You suggested the .303 as a caliber for the No 1 several years ago and now ask if it is "worthy" of purchase?

Has the .303 cartridge changed in the last few years?

FWIW, the .303, with good 150g Spitzer slugs is a 400 yard deer rifle. If you and the gun are good enough.

200 yards is duck soup.

Last edited by jim62; 04/07/11.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt