Come on guys xphunter and jesse jaymes, If either of you will take the time to read my post I said

"Most shooters in there competition guns are getting double that but it can be a problem if you shoot it a lot."

I believe that getting 600 rounds out of a barrel is very short barrel life, but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen. Take a little time and read some information, easily obtained and very common information at that. The 6.5 X 284 is a notorious Barrel Burner. This is common knowledge amongst competitors in F Class paticularly but in Competition period. Hasn't stopped anyone from using it, I sure Do. My post was simply a heads up for anyone considering using the 6.5 X 284..........

PS jesse jaymes, I didn't know we were talking about the 264Win Mag. Never owned one, never shot one, and NEVER ever made a comment about one. but if you say 300 rounds thats cool with me.....

Roland

Last edited by Gunnyrs; 04/16/11.

Protected people will never be able to understand the intensity life "can" be lived at. To do that you must complettly and totally understand the meaning of the word "DUCK"