Originally Posted by nsaqam
Bruce, to be fair I would think you should change the title of this thread to "The Vortex Crossfire Sucks".

The Leupold Rifleman and the Burris Timberline scopes suck pretty bad but that doesn't mean Leupold and Burris as a whole suck.

nsa, I have alot of respect for you, so yes, I will do so if still possible (will know in a minute), but I think the following is what was missed by most:

I work for a company that is not involved in this manufacturing, but in our market segment, we regularly have to make decisions as to whether or not we want to make a product at a profit, or break-even just to fill a niche, keeping our 'foot in the door' of the respective customer or market segment. When we get to that point, we always as ourselves if the product we are selling at reduced cost/value with ultimately hurt us if the product is perceived as poor.

I think that Vortex should have asked themselves this

Also, although the Rifleman series and the Timberline series are not well though of here (and possibly deservedly so), This morning at dawn I got a Father-in-Law's Rifleman 3-9x power and compared, and this Crossfire is no-where NEAR the quality of that scope, FYI.......

Psalm 19:14-May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.
_
Humble servant of Jesus Christ. Living His plan and praying to show it in name, word, body, and light.