Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Eileen went from the .270 A-Bolt (with which she took everything from pronghorn and whitetails to elk and moose) to a .270 NULA, which she also shot for many years before starting to develop recoil headaches. Once in a while she used my NULA .30-06 as well, primarily in Africa and for bear here in Montana.

She then stepped down to a NULA .257 Roberts, which she still uses for most deer and pronghorn hunting, along with a Weatherby Mark V Ultra Lightweight in .240 Wby.

In 2008 she has Serengeti Rifles (now Kilimanjaro Rifles) build her a .308 on the Kimber 84 action. That's the one with the fancy American walnut laminated stock with Monte Carlo comb. The stock was built to fit her specifically by Gene Gordner, the head gunsmith at Kilimanjaro, in fact she went to Kalispell for the final fitting, with Gene whittling on the stock. With a 21" Lilja barrel and a 3.5-10x40 Leupold, it weighs 6-1/2 pounds and shoots extremely well. She used it in South Africa in 2008 to take several animals, including an ostrich and a zebra.

Unfortunately, she found the .308 also gives her recoil headaches and is thinking of having the rifle rebarreled to .260 Remington. Right now she is experimenting with a Remington Model 7 .260 that she bought used to see if she likes the cartridge. So far she does!

I have a 260 Remington Model Seven Stainless. I love it, but the accuracy lacks! Going to have it rebarreled.

Last edited by djs; 05/02/11.