Originally Posted by kcTbear
To add, the Artemis is also a steel tube design, while the Meostar and Meopro are aluminum.
I own Meostar Binos and a Meostar scope, both are fantastic visually, and never had a problem mechanically. A step above Leupold and other mid-priced gear, in my opinion.

I have a couple of the Artermis scopes, and would agree with the above along with the comments about them being a touch heavy and having eye relief on the short side.

That said, I have a 4x32mm Artermis on my 9.3x62mm and even though I wear specs, I've never had a problem with the eye relief. I replaced it at one stage with a 4x36mm S&B, but ended up swithcing back and selling the S&B as it never did anything the Meopta didn't...

One other potential negative about the Artermis range is that I don't think they use one piece tubes for their main construction..Not sure about the newer Meopta scope ranges though..

Meopta build scopes and spotters for a number of other company's under contract...I believe the Zeiss spotters are actually built by Meopta, although they are built to Zeiss design/specifications.

Meopta is actually a very large and long established European optics companies that not only build sporting optics, but things like enlargers, projectors, sub periscopes ect..

Last edited by Pete E; 05/08/11.