Ranch, I'm hoping my Browning will be as accurate as some. Having a tight chamber in a production rifle is largely a product of the lifespan of the reamer, and if you catch it after it's been sharpened a time or two, you may get a minimum chamber. At least that's my understanding.

The short version behind my getting the Browning is ergonomics, and facing up to my age and being a lefty. Much as I like my Shiloh, I have had difficulties shooting my best with it due to the cast-off in the stock and the feel of the grip. I like my Browning .40-82 better in that regard.

I am going to give paper patching a serious shot with this rifle, with the guidance of the experience of others. I have a BA mould, and plan to try some of Brent's bullets as well. He sure packs a bunch of powder in his .45-70, over 80 grs. of 1.5, with the bullets seated only about .10". Pete loads about 77 grs. in his .45-90. Brent seems to be getting great results with his, but his chamber is custom designed for PPs. Although shooting will tell, it is interesting that the Browning .45-70s have no leade to speak of, so that may be a plus for PPs. Here's hoping anyhow.

I don't have my .22 low wall just now. It's back at the gunsmith. Another tale of woe that I won't go into just now. frown

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.