The small primer is for use in a small case, usually. Even if diameter weren't an issue, the primer that can heat-up and light-off a huge charge of a coarse powder in a .378 Weatherby Magnum has a bit too much fire and fury for the "pinch of pepper" charge in a .22 Hornet. Using the small primer in some of the cases that are big enough to take a large primer is an effort to avoid overly vigorous ignition, I believe.
<br>
<br>The CHeetah is a border-line case -- the late Paul Marquart, uncredited codeveloper of the original CHeetah, showed me a CHeetah round that had misfired. Disassembly showed that the primer had only scorched the powder granules just beyond the primer vent and had packed the powder into a tight wad but hadn't ignited any. All the primer's heat had been absorbed in other ways. I don't remember any other details -- maybe the weather was too cold. At the least, the small primer in the CHeetah delivers marginal to poor performance sometimes.
<br>
<br>One of the best-known "secrets" of designing wildcat cartridges is to start with parent brass that's reasonably well available. I haven't checked lately, but my impression has long been that .35 Remington cases are pretty hard to find. At any rate, to answer your question, no, I don't know of any wildcat like the one you suggest.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.