Originally Posted by Savorino
OK
will go a different route, though I like the case hardening.

Obviously you're speaking about the Bisley version of the Colt M1873 SAA handgun rather than the Winchester 1873 long gun. Uberti makes replicas of both but the Cattleman is the handgun and there has never been a Bisley version of the Winchester rifle or its clones.

I have owned multiple Ubertis. IMO, the 45 Colts should not be used with anything but loads okay for use in Colt SAA's. This does not preclude regular smokeless loads but instead only negates "Ruger Only" or above bombshells. I've never owned a .357 Mag. version so you would be well advised to ask this on a Cowboy Action shooting site where you might get more experienced users. As long as I'd read the literature with the gun and it didn't advise shooting only low-powered loads, I would shoot any standard .357 Mag. loads in it. Again, don't just take my word for it or do what I would do. Ask on a more specific site. The .357 Mag. versions of these type guns (Colts and their clones) are all of steel made for smokeless powder and all have much thicker cylinder walls than 45 Colts. I've never heard of the standard .357 Mag's being prohibited in them.

Last edited by ColeYounger; 06/12/11.