I love Martinis of all descriptions and yours is amazing. We have plenty here in Oz where I live, especially Cadet based sporters, and they range from as cheap as $180 to over $1k. I have a couple of Cadet action sporters which I love. One is a very nice home built one in 25-20 with a laminate stock and the other is a Sportco factory conversion to 22 Hornet as shown below:

[Linked Image]

The 25-20 has quite a heavy bbl and the laminate stock contributes to make a quite hefty rifle. But it has a sweet foreend and with the steel tube Weaver K6 6x32 it is very accurate with the right load. Best for game up to hares and foxes. It's a one shot killer on bunnies.

The Hornet was part of a shipment of Cadets sold by the NSW State Government to Jack Warne of Sportco in the early 50s. Warne sold half to Golden State Arms in the USA where they were either stripped for their receivers or sold complete. The other half he stripped the bbls and forends, modified the receivers for safeties behind the trigger and then chambered in 22lr and 22 Hornet.
This rifle is deadly accurate and the Tasco MagIV 3-12x40AO it wears really gives it an edge. It took a fox at 180yds with a 40gr Nosler BT only a couple of weeks ago.

[Linked Image]

I've also got 2 spare actions, a Cadet and a Martini Enfield large frame, which will be barreled and chambered to 32-20 and 303 Brit respectively one day. But a 9x57R large frame would a brilliant deer, black bear, hog or even elk rifle at close range. I hope to see some pics of game it's taken soon.

Last edited by kombi1976; 07/01/11.

Cheers & God Bless