Here's a few of twenty seven (according to a friend that counted them) we have on the wall at home. (Including the girly buck shown just previous.)

As one guy mentioned, this IS the funnest hunting there is on the planet.

I'm not big on the whole scoring thing, but do not disparage those that are, unless they express the adventure in terms of competition. Hunting is never competition, and for me, to express it as such demeans the reason we go.

Most you see here were taken with "limited weaponry": handguns, muzzeloaders, replica blackpowder guns, antiques, archery. (Note the '03 Springfield responsible for the guy just under the buttstock).

Look closely at the framed photo, extreme right. Yes, my girlfriend is kissing her buck. She kissed her first, and continues to do so. The photo is also signed (barely visible) by Ted Nugent. We shared dinner with him and his family, and he thought this picture was pretty cool.

Been chasing these guys since I was ten years old, every year.

[Linked Image]

Hooks (horns curling at the tips) are where you get length that may not be always "evaluatable" in the field before the shot.

Lately, I put as much store in the cape as the horns for a buck deemed worth mounting. Some are real standouts for sideburns, black faces, and neck patterns. Yes, each is different.

Last edited by Tahnka; 07/10/11.

"I have always disliked the words 'authority' and 'expert' when applied to those who write about guns, shooting,and hunting. I have never set myself up as either."
Jack O'Connor