AS you all know there have been quite a lot of extra wait time and communication problems with HD Rifles.
We are sincerely sorry for the problems at hand.
This is why I am posting and emailing this and why HD Rifles is undergoing a major restructuring.

As you all probably know there is no problem with the quality of or rifles or services, I.E. gun work. In fact, our rifles are as good as any on the planet period.

The problem is while Clay and I can build a rifle that equals any rifle anywhere, we are not business managers Plain and simple.

This is why we have decided to completely restructure HD Rifles.

Here is some of the stuff that is happening.

Clay and I are willingly and very happily stepping down from trying to manage the place. We know what are strengths and weaknesses are and we are best left to build rifles and do R&D.

The business and build scheduling will be taken care of by a new business partner. The new partner has a master degree in business and is superbly organized. This will get the ball rolling on everything.

A new larger and much more efficient office is being made right now, in fact we now have the building next to us in which the new office will be in as well as our coating and inventory. The building is secured and will be getting outfitted and filled with stuff very soon.

Soon you will reach a person in the office when you call to make orders or check on a gun you have here. Clay and I will be in the shop knocking out jobs and not be available most of the time.

We are also changing the rifles we build. Once we get all the back log out (which we will) we will be offering probably 6 rifle packages in whatever color / camo scheme that we offer of your choice. The rifles will be pre built on a shelf with only final coating and painting needed. This will get you rifles in a couple weeks.
These rifles will be on Remington M-700 actions and a bit later our own new actions.

I will still do a full blown custom rifle now and then, but only when I know I can have the time to fit it in. These rifles will be done 100% by me from start to finish. No one else will lay a hand on it period.

The down side to this restructuring is that it will cause a further delay by approximately 4 weeks while go through everything and get it done.
People, your rifles will get done and they will be perfect as we have always strived to make them.
We are not closing our doors or anything of that nature. We are only trying to better serve you period.

You may have noticed that our phone says it is disconnected. It is, but by mistake. We are trying to move phone lines to the new office as well as trying to hook up the phone lines through a computer so we can use the cable internet as our long distance carrier. I have also shut down a couple of our many phone lines that we got last year. We could not get messages because the phone would ring down. Either myself or the phone company got the wrong lines turned off and I am trying to remedy this by today or tomorrow.
For now please call my cell number but only until 5:00 PM central time please.

Thanks. I will have the rifle packages that we will be doing up on our website and posted soon. We do have a new website. I have been working on it and can update it from the office here. The old website I could not update so I had to email and call to get it updated and took precious time we didn�t have to spare.
The old website is now defunct although it is still up for the time being.
The new website address is
www.hdrifles.net

One other thing that has helped to cause extra delays is that when we got bottle necked and delays where created allot of people got very impatient. People in turn put stuff up like bashing on the net. This also takes time away from production and causes further delays.
It causes further delays by us having to take time to reply on the net to defend and explain as well as loss of business. Loss of business causes delays because we depend on the cash flow for parts and extra labor to get the back log out.

Anyone that is worried about us going down or anything similar are invited to come to the shop to see that we are very much alive and kicking. We are not going out of business, in fact we do not have a bunch of creditors breathing down our necks either.

Jeff �Celt� Hicks