Just had to brag a bit, living here on the Hood Canal of Wa. ST we have access to some mighty fine sea food.
<br>Today I got a hankerin for some Oyster stew. So I made a pot full, you guys shoulda been here. Last night I went out to the family's oyster beds and found my self a dozen of the largest oysters I could find. We save the largest oysters just for Oyster stew. This morning I shucked these guys and a few extra smalls for breakfast. The big oysters I parboiled just enough to set the meat. The little ones went into an omlett, once the large oysters were removed from the hot water I cooled them off in cold water, mainly so they could be handled and one last search done for shell bits. Now I cut them up into half inch bits and placed them in a pot added chopped celery a quarter cube of butter covered in water and simmered for three hours added some fresh ground pepper and a quart and a pint of Half-Half simmered on low another hour and took from heat to let cool to a comfortable eating temp. added oyster crackers a little salt and eat. When served too hot you just cant taste the soup or stew in this case, that is why it is always better the next day.
<br>Now that oyster omlett there is good eats for the AM, just prep an omlett in the normal manner, fry up three or four or five or six... little oysters toss them in the middle of the egg fold over and its time to eat, add some good salsa and sour creme if you will. Just salsa for me. Also toss in some mushrooms if ya got em.
<br>Tommorow "RAZOR CLAMS" oh joy can't wait.
<br>
<br>Bullwnkl.

Money talks Bull [bleep] walks
Business as usual