Mine is an engraved 03 from the 50s-60s era likely done in occupied Japan. Beautifully grained maple with rosewood forend and cap. Smooth, shoots decent (about 1 1/4" + or- @100w/most factory '06 ammo/ The downer is the stock is reminiscent of Weatherbys (less Monte Carlo, but still angular and highly polished. ) Picked it up for a song at a gun show about 30 years ago. At first glance it looks like a low number. Must have had a little pitting because the first number (a 1, which puts it near a million and a half) was ground, buffed, or polished a little thin. The recoil pad is deteriorating with age. I have a new red Deaccelerator on the bench ready to install when the heat becomes bearable in the garage. IMO a fine hunting rifle. I have no idea who made the barrel, it could even be a reworked military. jack

"Do not blame Caesar, blame the people...who have...rejoiced in their loss of freedom....Blame the people who hail him when he speaks of the 'new, wonderful, good, society'...to mean ,..living fatly at the expense of the industrious." Cicero