Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by gohip
Scheels is selling a champion safe that is a dial and key lock, dimensions 60" high x 30" wide x 22" deep, that is fire rated for 1500 degrees for 90 minutes, and weighs 575 lbs. All for about $850. Are champion safes good quality, or should i pass on this deal because it sounds too good to be true and look for something better quality.

If so, what are some good quality safes? I realize i should go as big as i can afford.

I bought a safe from Costco online last week. It is being delivered today. I bought a Bighorn safe and I wish I had known about these safes before. Total time between purchase and delivery is 1 1/2 weeks and they will drop it in my garage. Delivery is part of the price.

I'm going with the next size up. previous post:
"So I think I'm going with the Champion safe
60.5" high x 36" wide x 27" deep 31 cubic feet.
firerated @ 1325 for 60 min and 700 lbs
for $1000"

I did a search on costco for "safe". The only thing they have for similar size and price is a cannon, but I like the champion better as it felt just as sturdy or more so than the cannons I looked at. It's heavier for the same size, has a dial lock instead of electronic, and has hinges on the out side so i can open the door wider. if they had a better priced safe on costco, i'd consider it.