I'm really new to the photography world and all that it holds. Northerndave, aka my hubby, posted about the new camera purchase we have recently made which we took on our most recent trip to the BWCA. As we were making our way back to civilization on one of the last lakes, there was a loon up ahead. I was snapping pictures and suddenly found myself holding my camera down and just "watching" what was before me. Dave was in the back of the canoe whispering "snap another, snap another" so I did.

With much encouragement from some of my very close friends, I entered a loon picture in our County Fair. Judging was last night and finally after a long grueling day, I was able to make it to see my prize. I was holding my breath for simply a participation ribbon, but to my surprise I got a blue ribbon and a Grand Champion.

Although I don't know how the judging came down to who got what, I am just tickled with the ribbons I received. I haven't participated in a County Fair since I was 18 yrs old and that was always, every year, chickens-ducks-rabbits-sheep and once in awhile I won a State Fair trip.

So long story short...here is my picture that I entered and a picture of ribbons I won. I thank my friends for all the encouragement and my hubby for the camera and all the help. I have much to learn but am so very excited for what is ahead.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I'd also like to thank everyone who helped us in our search for our camera gear. All the comments/suggestions are very much appreciated.

Pam

"I'm not crying!!"