Originally Posted by bigblock455
my opinion of the Optima has nothing to do with me getting free stuff from cva to test and try out.

Ive owned both the omega and now 2 optimas. Optima hands down in my book is the winner for me.

Omega down falls:
Open sights wouldnt adjust no where near enough for me to make use of them.
Hard to prime with my scope on, and even a pain in the butt with the scope off i felt. One reason i got rid of my winchester apex " that's a cva for the record" as well.
Tiny trigger guard which makes shooting with gloves a chore, a safety issue IMO.
Poor reputation of shooting conicals " conicals only in my state"
Trigger pull of around 3.5lbs
Stock comb set up for scopes rather than open sight.

Been shooting cva's since 1999 " late 99" and a great majority of other brands from knight, lyman, traditions, heck even an ol belgium flintlock. The CVA Suited me the best. Could i get by with other brands? Yes, but why change when something has been working for the past 12-13 years.

That certainly is a nice KP1 with that stock, very cherry in fact. I read a review though that the muzzle loader set up is a dirty set up though. Knight still hasnt figured out when they are going to start selling guns, especially the Mountaineer.
I think it's really a personal preference as it seems like different guns fit different people.

That being said, I've never gotten to chance to shoot an Omega with open sights, nor has anyone I know. All of them have put scopes on it right away, and I guess I just assumed that's what the OP was going to do. So I can't comment on the open sights of the Omega. It does seem to be set up for a scope.

I've also never shot conicals out of either, as we don't have to shoot them here, so that may be something else to look into.