Most of you have read a lot about government waste, but how about examples of military waste? I own a small electrical design & sell business near DC. I spent most of my career working for GE & Westinghouse involved with government/military contracts. I have seen first hand how vast amounts of taxpayers money have been thrown away over the past 40 years. I supplied high voltage equipment for a Navy project in DC. During the drawing approval stage we submitted numerous times with huge amounts of unnecessary supporting documents. As is typically the case the electrical specifications were incorrect. This happens most of the time. After all this documentation the Navy suddenly realizes the contract completion date is nearing & equipment is urgently needed. They approve drawings that were submitted many months before & then realize the equipment can't be built in time. Since its not the Navy's money(it's ours)they spend a substantial amount for overtime (how about 100%) & even special dedicated trucks at $2500 each to delivery the various equipment. Anyone that thinks this is an isolated example is kidding them selves. Imagine the vast multi-millions & billions the military contracts for defense weapons & facilities. The entire process is a cluster screw. The military & government hasn't a clue how to specify or manage any contract. I would believe that about 50% of our expenditures for military hardware & facilities is totally wasted. Contracts are improperly written, politically awarded in many cases, improperly managed, & no body really cares. If millions are wasted those involved still draw their salaries & continue down the same path wasting tax payer money year after year. Factor in entitlements, Foreign Aid, waste in SS & welfare & you have the answers to our budget short fall.

Life Members SCI & NRA. NRA Instructor & RSO. What have YOU done to support hunting & gun rights?